NSS Labs 2017 Web Browser Security Group Test
NSS Labs has created a complex test environment to assess the protection capabilities of Internet browsers under the most real-world conditions possible. NSS uses a proprietary live testing harness, which is massively scalable and capable of running thousands of concurrent instances of each browser under test.
Tested browsers are obtained independently by NSS. Each product is updated to the most current version available at the time testing begins. All tests are executed in a highly controlled manner, and results are meticulously recorded and archived at each interval of the test on NSS’ backend infrastructure.
NSS’ tests determine how well browsers protect users by focusing on block rate, consistency of protection, and early protection against new threats.
- - Protection Against Phishing Attacks: Phishing attacks are forms of fraud that gain the trust of users by masquerading as a reputable entity to steal login credentials or sensitive account information.
- - Protection Against Socially Engineered Malware: SEM uses a dynamic combination of social media, hijacked email accounts, false notification of computer problems, and other deceptions to encourage users to download malware.
- - Google Chrome: Version 60.0.3112.113
- - Microsoft Edge Version 40.15063.0.0
- - Mozilla Firefox: 55.0.3
|SEM and Phishing Comparative Reports|
|Register to Download|