NSS Labs 2017 WAF Group Test
NSS' 2017 Web Application Firewall (WAF) Group Test evaluated five market-leading WAF products on security effectiveness, performance, and total cost of ownership (TCO). Four of the five tested products achieved NSS Recommended ratings and one received a Caution rating.
Key findings include:
- Overall Security Effectiveness ranged from 92.45% to 98.11%, with four of the five tested products achieving a rating greater than 98%.
- The TCO per Protected CPS ranged from US $0.37 to US $25.01, with most tested products costing less than US$7.00 per Protected CPS.
- The average Security Effectiveness rating was 96.98%; four devices received an above-average Security Effectiveness rating, and one received a below-average Security Effectiveness rating.
- The average TCO per Protected CPS was US$8.21; four products were rated as having above-average value, and one was rated as having below-average value.
The following products were evaluated:
- Citrix NetScaler Web Application Firewall (AppFirewall) MPX 5910 v220.127.116.116
- F5 BIG-IP 10050S Application Security Manager (ASM) v18.104.22.168.0.184
- Fortinet FortiWeb-3000E v5.5.5
- Radware AppWall 1008 v7.3.4
- Symantec Blue Coat ProxySG v22.214.171.124
To see how vendors performed on Security Effectiveness and TCO per Protected CPS, download a free copy of the WAF SVM graphic using the form to the right. NSS clients can also download the WAF Comparative Reports on TCO, Performance, SVM, and Security here.
As with all NSS Labs group tests, there was no fee for participation. In addition, the test methodology applied is in the public domain to provide transparency and to help enterprises understand the results.
Web Application Firewall
Security Value MapTM
|Get Your Free Copy Now|