Which vendors received Recommended ratings in the 2017 NSS Labs AEP Group Test?
NSS Labs performed the industry’s most rigorous test to date of leading Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) solutions. Products from 13 different vendors were tested across a multitude of attack threat vectors targeting a very dynamic enterprise class endpoint attack surface. In addition, the endpoint products were evaluated for their resistance against several evasion categories and false positive testing.
- The NSS Labs Security Value MapTM (SVM)
- How the products performed in the different security effectiveness testing categories
- How the product fared against known evasion techniques
- If any False Positive were reported by the product
- What the product's total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Nine (9) products received Recommended rating
- One (1) product received a Security Recommended rating
- One (1) product received a Neutral rating
- Two (2) products received a Caution rating
- Overall Security Effectiveness ranged from 57.9% to 100.0%
- TCO per Protected Agent ranged from US$88 to US$1,404
- Average Security Effectiveness rating was 90.8%
- Average TCO per Protected Agent was US$502.67
- Carbon Black Cb Protection v18.104.22.16806
- CrowdStrike Falcon Host
- CylancePROTECT 1.2.1410
- ESET Endpoint Security 6.4.2014.0
- Fortinet FortiClient v 5.4.1.0840
- X by Invincea v4.2.0-387
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security Center 10
- Malwarebytes Endpoint Security v.1.7.4.0000
- McAfee Endpoint Security v10.5
- SentinelOne Endpoint Protection Platform v1.8.3#31
- Sophos Central Endpoint Advanced and Sophos InterceptX
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 with ATP Endpoint (EDR) V2.2
- Trend Micro OfficeScan Agent v12.0.1851
To learn how each vendor performed, download a free copy of the AEP Security Value Map™ using the form to the right. NSS clients can also download the AEP Comparative Reports on total cost of ownership, and security here.
As with all NSS Labs group tests, there was no fee for participation. In addition, the test methodology applied is in the public domain to provide transparency and help enterprises understand the factors behind the results.
|2017 Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP)
Security Value MapTM
|Get Your Free Copy Now|